Goals to Enrollment:


Undergraduate Admissions - 232 Silas H. Hunt Hall, 800-377-8632, Contact for questions on how to apply for admissions into a bachelor degree program.

Graduate Admissions - 213 Ozark Hall, 866-234-3957, Contact for questions on how to apply for admissions into a graduate degree program.

Law School Admissions - Robert A. Leflar Law Center, 479-575-5601, Contact for questions on how to apply for admissions into the law school.

Office of the Registrar - 146 Silas H. Hunt Hall, (479) 575-5451, Official high school and/or college/university transcripts must be submitted directly from the issuing department to the Office of the Registrar. 

In-State tuition - University of Arkansas Board Policy regarding Fees for Members of Armed Forces and Dependents


If you are just beginning to use your VA benefits, you will first need to complete the following Veterans Administration forms available at the VA Education and Training Website.

Our institutional address is:

University of Arkansas, 1 University, Fayetteville, AR 72701 


In order for us to transfer your benefits from your previous institution to the University of Arkansas, we will need:

Our institutional address is:

University of Arkansas, 1 University, Fayetteville, AR 72701 


Office of Financial Aid - 114 Silas H. Hunt Hall, (479) 575-3806 Assisting student with Pell Grants, Student/Parent Loans, Work-Study, and Lottery Scholarship Information.

Office of Academic Scholarships - 114 Silas H. Hunt Hall, (479) 575-4464 Providing scholarship opportunities including military dependent scholarships.

Arkansas Department of Higher Education - 501-371-2050, Providing scholarships to dependents of military who either died while serving or are 100% disabled.  The military member must be a resident of the State of Arkansas.

Yellow Ribbon Program

The Yellow Ribbon Program may help to cover out of state tuition that is not covered by the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. Students are placed on the Yellow Ribbon Program on a first-come, first-served basis. Students must be eligible at 100% for the Post 9/11 GI Bill® in order to qualify.  The Office of the Treasurer, (479) 575-5651, can provide assistance with payment plans and account inquiries.

MEET WITH AN ADVISER (Graduate Students Will Contact Their Program Advisor)


Every semester, after you have registered for your courses, you must certify your course schedule with our office.           

Forms submitted by undergraduate students will automatically be routed through the selected college advising center for approval of courses before benefits are certified by the VMSC.  Graduate Students forms will automatically come to the VMSC for certification.  If you do not receive a confirmation email within 10 business days, please contact the VMSC at 479-575-8742 or by email at to check the status.


The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, commonly known as FERPA, is a federal law designed to protect the privacy of student education records. With few exceptions, all student education records are considered confidential and may not be released without written consent of the student. This protection for college education records begins when the student enrolls in a higher education institution, regardless of the student’s age.

The Veteran and Military-Affiliated Student Center will be unable to provide information to parents or spouses of students regardless of whose benefit the student is using unless a release has been filled out.  The FERPA release can be done online through the student's UAConnect account.


When a student’s spouse is activated for full-time military service during a time of national crisis and is required to cease attending the University of Arkansas without completing and receiving a grade in one (1) or more courses, they shall receive compensation for the resulting monetary loss as provided by Fayetteville Policy 504.2.  To be eligible for the compensation, the student must provide, prior to activation or deployment for military service, an original or official copy of the military activation or deployment orders to the Registrar. A student whose spouse is a service member shall provide proof of registration with the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) of the Department of the Defense that establishes that dependent children reside in the household of the student and the service member. Upon leaving the University of Arkansas because of active duty or deployment, the student may choose one of three compensatory options. The student may officially withdraw and receive full adjustment and refund of tuition and non-consumable fees for the term involved; the student can remain enrolled and arrange for a mark of “Incomplete” for each class and finish the courses twelve (12) months after deactivation; or the student may receive free tuition and fees for one (1) semester after deactivation.