Active Duty and Reserve

Goals to Enrollment:


Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) - Uptown Campus 1001 Sain Street, Fayetteville, (479) 575-2442

Offering FREE remedial academic assistance to veterans who have served at least 180 days of active-duty service or discharged because of a service-connected disability, received something other than dishonorable discharge, be a first-generation college student and/or fall within low-income guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Education.



Undergraduate Admissions - 232 Silas H. Hunt Hall, (800) 377-8632,

Contact for questions on how to apply for admission into a bachelor’s degree program.


Graduate Admissions - 213 Ozark Hall, (866) 234-3957,

Contact for questions on how to apply for admission into a graduate degree program.


Law School Admissions - 1045 W. Maple St., (479) 575-3102,

Contact for questions on how to apply for admission into the law school.


Office of the Registrar - 146 Silas H. Hunt Hall, (479) 575-5451, 

Official high school, college/university, and American Council on Education (ACE) transcripts must be submitted directly from the issuing department to the Office of the Registrar. You can obtain your Joint Service Transcript and have them sent directly to the school by going to the JST Website.

  • After you are admitted you can turn in your DD-214 to the Office of the Registrar for consideration of up to 6 elective credit hours.
  • You can review transfer course equivalency for some courses here:  Transfer Course Equivalency Guide.


In-State tuition - University of Arkansas Board Policy regarding Fees for Members of Armed Forces and Dependents



Students who are wanting to use their VA Benefits will need to go to the VA Education and Training Website to determine what they are eligible for.  In some cases, students may be eligible for more than one VA Benefit and will have to select based on what benefits them the most. Students who are eligible for more than one benefit, should examine their options carefully before selecting the Post 9/11 GI BILL® Benefit, as this switch is irreversible. The different benefits active duty and reservists may qualify for are:            

Complete the application for VA Education Benefits (22-1990) at VA   Reservists, applying for Chapter 1606, should include a copy of their DD form 2384, Notice of Basic Eligibility. 



In order for us to transfer your benefits from a previous institution to the University of Arkansas, we will need:

  • VA Form 22-1995

Our institutional address is:

University of Arkansas, 1 University, Fayetteville, AR 72701 


Complete the application for VA Education Benefits (22-1995) at VA  



Students who are interested in using TA should refer to the Military Tuition Assistance (TA) page.  



Office of Financial Aid - 114 Silas H. Hunt Hall, (479) 575-3806

Assisting student with Pell Grants, Student/Parent Loans, Work-Study, and Lottery Scholarship Information.


Office of Academic Scholarships - 114 Silas H. Hunt Hall, (479) 575-4464

Providing scholarship opportunities including military scholarships.


Yellow Ribbon Program

The Yellow Ribbon Program may help to cover out of state tuition that is not covered by the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. Students are placed on the Yellow Ribbon Program on a first-come, first-served basis. Students must be eligible at 100% for the Post 9/11 GI Bill® in order to qualify. The Office of the Treasurer, (479) 575-5651, can provide assistance with payment plans and account inquiries.


MEET WITH AN ADVISER (Graduate Students Will Contact Their Program Advisor)



Every semester, after you have registered and been accepted into your classes, you must certify your course schedule with our office.        


Forms submitted by undergraduate students will automatically be routed through the selected college advising center for approval of courses before benefits are certified by the VMSC.


Graduate Students forms will automatically come to the VMSC for certification.


If you do not receive a confirmation email within 10 business days, please contact the VMSC at 479-575-8742 or by email at to check the status.



When a student or student’s spouse is activated for full-time military service during a time of national crisis and is required to cease attending the University of Arkansas without completing and receiving a grade in one (1) or more courses, they shall receive compensation for the resulting monetary loss as provided by Fayetteville Policy 504.2.  To be eligible for the compensation, the student must provide, prior to activation or deployment for military service, an original or official copy of the military activation or deployment orders to the Registrar. A student whose spouse is a service member shall provide proof of registration with the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) of the Department of the Defense that establishes that dependent children reside in the household of the student and the service member. Upon leaving the University of Arkansas because of active duty or deployment, the student may choose one of three compensatory options. The student may officially withdraw and receive full adjustment and refund of tuition and non-consumable fees for the term involved; the student can remain enrolled and arrange for a mark of “Incomplete” for each class and finish the courses twelve (12) months after deactivation; or the student may receive free tuition and fees for one (1) semester after deactivation. For more detailed information, download a PDF of Fayetteville Policy 504.2.