Resource and Information Center serves all Active Duty, Reserve, Guard, Veterans and Dependents including those who are using Veterans Administration (VA) Educational Benefits to pursue college degrees.  Please contact us at 479-575-8742 to set up an appointment.
The first step would be to contact the Veteran and Military-Affiliated Student Center. 
All Veterans should bring a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 Copy). Veterans who are still currently serving in the National Guard or Reserve should bring a copy of their NOBE (Notice of Basic Eligibility).  If you have already applied for your benefit please bring us a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility.
Contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-GIBILL1.
Yes! According to new legislation passed in June 2009, effective July 2009, VA benefits are no longer considered when determining Financial Aid eligibility.  In addition, in order to be eligible for scholarships offered through the University of Arkansas, you must have a FAFSA application on file.
Yes. Only individuals entitled to the Post 9/11 GI BILL® (Chapter33) at the 100 percent benefit rate are eligible. Funds are disbursed on a first come, first serve basis.
Students receiving Chapter 30, 1606, or 1607 benefits must verify their enrollment monthly.  Chapter 33 and 35 recipients do not need to verify enrollment.  You may verify either online at gibill.va.gov or by calling 1-877-823-2378.
Students in an undergraduate program are full time if they are taking 12 credit hours or more.  Graduate students who are in an assistantship must take 6 credit hours, other graduate students are required to maintain 9 credit hours.  Law students should be taking 12 credit hours.  There may be an exception at times based on your course length, if you have questions you may call the VMSC office.
We do not enter tuition and fees until the 11th day of classes.  However, in order to be proactive we pre-certify in order for the VA to release the book stipend and start the monthly housing on time.

The VA will pay for your in-state tuition and fees up to your eligibility percentage.  This is the only money received from the VA.  Book stipends and your monthly housing allowance will be issued to you through the means you set up when the application for benefits was completed.  You are responsible for any tuition or fees not sent directly to the university, such as:

  • Housing
  • Meal plans
  • Books and supplies
  • Athletic passes
  • Parking
  • Non-resident tuition
  • Other charges not directly related to the cost of attendance
The VA will pay in arrears.  This means they pay at the end of the month, after you have attended courses. Students should expect to receive their first full check on the month after school starts.  Any amounts received before then will be smaller checks and will either be your book stipend (if Post 9/11) or your prorated days for the first month you are actually in attendance.